View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Here's the deal and here's why I think you should make the call. You're doing a big game like this and we all know that Team A has no timeouts left. You have a quick bang-bang type play, late in the game of a close game. That's a lot of pressure especially for someone that's new to the playoff's. I think it's best to just go with what happens, stick to officiating, and let the chips fall where they may. It's not your fault he called a TO that he didn't have.

I don't agree with your assigner here. I think he is talking out both sides of his mouth. You would be in even more trouble if you didn't grant the TO and it turns out, that you got the wrong team. If you are 100% sure, not 99.9% sure but 100% sure that this team doesn't have a TO left, and he's requesting it, while he's in the air falling OOB. Okay, you can just say, OOB team B's ball, you got no TO's player. Me, I'm not trying to work that hard plus I got other things to worry about that I don't want to dink up. Like, who's in the bonus, who's not. If I call a foul on this team, I got to get the shooter, if it's the other team, I don't have to get the shooter. You see how things can get confusing and the last thing you want to do is make a mistake. I say, go with what happens. In the postgame, just sit there and listen to it until you can get dressed and get out of there.
i was agreeing with you somewhat until paragraph #2.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Fri Mar 02, 2007 at 10:04am.