View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 21, 2002, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Talking God and golf

I hope I will not offend anyone with this joke, but I golfed avidly for a while and a friend of mine from church shared this with me.

Moses, Jesus and God are playing golf one beautiful day. They come to a long par 4 with a lake right in front of the green. Moses is up first and decides to try to muscle a driver onto the green. He rips a drive straight as an arrow, but it just doesn't have enough to make it over the lake. Splash.

His partners ask if he wants a mulligan, but Moses says, "No, I'll play it from there".

Jesus steps up and doesn't learn from Moses' tee shot. He pulls out the driver and tries to cream the ball. Again, the shot is straight, but wet. Another ball in the water.

God steps up and decides to lay up. He pulls out a 3-iron and lands his tee shot right in the middle of the fairway, leaving himself a 115 yards to the pin.

The threesome makes its way toward the next shot. Moses decides to go first (even though he's not away). He stands at the edge of the lake, lifts his arms and the water parts. He walks to his ball and hits a pretty wedge onto the green, leaving 6 feet for birdie.

Jesus goes next. He walks out onto the water, takes a wedge and splashes his ball onto the green, 15 feet from the cup.

God steps up with a 9-iron from the fairway. He lets it fly, but it's way off line to the right. It heads into the woods and hits a tree. A squirrel picks up the ball and starts running away with it when an owl swoops down and grabs the squirrel. Together they fly up and up until the squirrel finally drops the ball. It sails down toward the lake where it bounces off the shell of a turtle onto the green and rolls into the cup for a picture perfect eagle!!

Jesus turns to him and says, "Look, Dad, if you're not going to play fair. . ."

Chuck