Thread: Cooling off
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 27, 2007, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIAA REF
Sorry about this post but I need to vent. I am 25 yrs old, have been officiating for 7 yrs. I now do only varsity boys and girls, some small college and I will help out with junior high when needed. I have been doing everything in my power to get better as an official, camps, taping games, ect. Last year I got my first playoff game. This year I got another along with a letter from the state saying I am able to work state playoff games (not just district) I was pumped, it doesn't mean I will get one but still I was excited. Soon guys found out, most were excited and happy for me. However, one official who I thought to be a decent friend has been bad mouthing me about this deal, He is ticked because he has reffed longer, and I am young. He has talked to other people in our chapter (who told me) and even the playoff assignor. I truely feel that I have earned this honor but I am really getting upset about all this BS going on.
My question is should I just have the who cares attitude or should I confront him about this.
Success by one person is seen as a threat to another. There will always be someone not happy with someone else's success. Are there people who have earned it and deserved it? YES. Are there those who don't? YES. Success is what you have defined it.

There is politics in everything. But don't prostitute yourself. Playing the political game and be cordial is apart of life. Love your enemies and do good to them, it will put heaping coals on their head. Be cordial. So respect. But don't lower yourself to his level or prostitute yourself to get ahead. Selling yourself out and your integrity to get ahead is prostiution.

Count your blessings that you do have. It apears you have been blessed. Let him own his problems. For they are his.

Last edited by iref4him; Tue Feb 27, 2007 at 11:25am.