View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 26, 2007, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
BU can't go into fair territory (and hence be ready to button hook) in the OP scenario without getting into the middle of the throw (potentially). This situation is where the BU starting in the "almost B" position has an advantage.
The hit was to right-center - as soon at it appears it's going to clear F4, I'm busting butt to a line between 1B and F1 - shouldn't be a problem. In all of my games, I've been caught in foul ground once - on a shot between RF and the line nearly caught but shorthopped. It whizzed by at head level, and I WOULD have been in the way (as you describe) of either the ball or F3's play on the ball, but by the time I tried to start heading to the infield, the ball was already on it's way back. Luckily, it was caught for an out, and I was not stuck in the OP's sitch.

A ball to RCF should not be a problem ball.

That said ... I HAVE discussed this with PU's on occasion - and they would make the exception and head toward 2B just in case, with us reversing responsibilities for the rest of the play.