View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=Back In The Saddle]I have noted with some sadness the fad of bashing of the stop sign here. It's high time somebody stood up for this much maligned game management tool. I guess this makes me somebody
I'm not on a crusade to end the dialogue about when it's appropriate and inappropriate to use. I find that useful. What I find disturbing is the way that other "wanna-be cool kids" regularly pile on. I'm talking about snide comments along the lines of "Did you give him the stop sign, that would have fixed everything." Tomegun's comments certainly sounded heretical to begin with, but were aimed solidly at accomplishing a specific, useful end. But these pile on comments are nothing more than the moral equivalent of picking on the nerdy kid to try to appear to be cool too.

QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmanwalking
Did you give them... the STOP SIGN? This probably would have fixed everything.

Really, good job.
I guess I'm the guy that put you over the top. My apologies. It was an attempt at humor.

For the record, however, at the rules meeting I attended in my part of Illinois, we were told straight up to take the stop sign out of our arsenal of un-approved mechanics. Seems it might have been having opposite the intended effect in some cases.