Thread: Playoff Tech.
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 24, 2007, 05:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Contact after the whistle has been blown should be ignored unless it is intentional or flagrant. From your description, it sounds like just a common foul, not intentional in nature. Remember you said if the ball was live it would be a common foul. Ignore it! You had a very competitive playoff game. Referee the game like you have been there before, not like you are new. How a player can get two elbows into the back of another player sounds to me like she was hustling and just got caught in an awkward position, related to trying to get the ball. This is apart of the game and you must learn and understand the difference. I understand what the other official was telling you. Don't go looking for problems. Problems of this nature will come to you. Calling intentional fouls that are not obvious to everyone in the gym in a girls game is over officiating. Let the players decide the game. When we're not notice is when we do our best. Girls play ball and they play very smart. Rarely do you see "intentional acts" in girls ball.
While I respect everyone's opinion on this board, if you are going to misquote me and then criticize me for it, keep your opinion to your self. If you would have read the OP, I told the coach it was definitely a common foul, and very possible an intentional foul. And it was not two pushes, it was one push, after the whistle, that had nothing to do with her being in an awkward position and everything about her pushing the other player.

Oh, and by the way, if you're going to actually quote me, why don't you quote the entire thing? Or are you afraid that people will disagree with you if you do?