Thread: Playoff Tech.
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 24, 2007, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Playoff Tech.

Girls District Playoff quarterfinal last night. Team A (#10 seed) is beating Team B (#2 seed) all night. 3 minutes left in the 3rd, Team A up 12. Team B is beginning to get frustrated because they're losing to a team that they shouldn't be losing to. I'm T and we have a tie-up in the corner, my side. I run in as I'm calling the jump ball. B1 ends up with the ball and, as I'm running in, A1 gives B1 what I can only describe as an "elbow shove" to the back. B1 turns around with a pissed off look in her face and the ball in her hands, but she was smart and didn't throw the ball at A1 although she looked like she might. I whacked A1. When the coach asked what the T was for, I told him that it was dead ball contact that, 1) had it been live ball, would have been a common foul or very possibly even an intentional, and 2) was unsportsmanlike towards B1.

Thoughts? One of the officials in my association who was at the game last night mentioned that, because it was a playoff game, maybe I should have held off on the T...anyone agree w/ that philosophy?