View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Intentional Foul Then a "T"

I had a girls JV game last night. Visitors down by 8 points and frustrated ( they won at home by 20 ) A1 ( home team ) goes in for a break away lay up B1 pushes her without palying the ball. I call the intentional Foul and as I do, A2 intentionally should bumps B1 out of bounds....Now I got a "T" for a dead ball foul. We keep the girls seperated, my partner gets there and I try to tell him what I have ( away from the teams ) he says " Yeah, Yeah, I got it" Before I get the whole play out to him, so I go to report the fouls. Now because of everything going on, I got a shooter, I got a foul on A2 and a foul on B1... I sort it out, get it right and we shoot the 2 intentional foul shots, I get the player from B ready to shoot the "T" FTs and my partner comes to me and says " What are you doing?" I explain the whole play, he thought the "T" was on B1, we shoot the 2 "T' free Throws and bring the ball in opposite the table for B.

Interesting play. Did I miss anything?

A's coach started to go crazy because he wanted the ball back for the intentional foul, I explained we take the fouls in the order they occured, the "T" was the last foul called, B get's the ball. BTW, I did explain the situation to both coaches.

If anyone is wondering, I filled out the forms to report the "T" this morning and they are in the mail!