View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Was it my fault?

Situation: T'd up a coach for unsportsmanlike in the 1st quarter. 3rd quarter started and I called a foul on player #3. Coach proceded to substitute player. 5 minutes go by and the coach attempts to re-enter #3, at which time the table calls me over and informs me the #3 had 5 fouls. I inform the coach and he disagrees with the number of fouls. He claims the player only had 3 at half time and that he made a purpose of checking before going into the locker room. I ask the scorer if this is correct and she disagrees and says he had 4 fouls. I inform the coach again the sheet reads five and the player cannot enter. The coach gets upset and I assess a second T and an ejection.

I question 2 things: Should I be checking the scoresheet at halftime and verifying players who are in foul trouble? and should I have given the second technical considering the situation?

This coach is experienced and it is hard for me to beleive he would allow one of his starters to get 4 fouls in the first half. Not to mention the scorer was a volunteer parent who didn't seem to have much experience.

Thanks.