View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 17, 2002, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

I really don't know how you guys do it, working rec leagues all the time. I worked a tournament this weekend and was disgusted at the level of unsportsmanship from the players and coaches. Believe it or not, didn't have many problems with the fans. The levels were from 4th grade girls to 8th grade boys and we went back and forth every game so it was a little hard adjusting from one game to the next. I was working with guys that do D-II college and high school and had coaches telling their kids how bad we were and not to worry about it. The worst team I had twice and they got into a fight after the game with the other teams coach because there girl (5th grade) bent a girls hand backwards in the shake hands line after beating them by 25. Their girls whined about every call, the assistant coach approached me during a time out and suggested I was taking the rest of the game off because they had a 20 point lead. The only funny thing I had was in the second game I had with the unsporting team they were winning by 10 in the fourth quarter, other team had the ball and girl is dribbling down the court, I'll call them team B. Team A girl reaches in across her body and I call a foul, report it and tell them two shots. Team B girl turns to me and says "but, she didn't touch me", I said "don't tell me that, go shoot your free throws". My partner and I had a good laugh over that one.