View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie719
I'm the lead on 2 whistle. A1 drives into lane and is fouled while shooting from behind on B1. B2 has established a legal guarding position in the general area A1 is headed. This is the tricky part. It was my contentsion that the contact by B1 diverted A1 into B2 path. I no called this contact and we went with 2 at the line. It was a pretty decent collision as well. As expected the defensive coach called time out to ask me about the contact. He didn't like my explanation, but understood what I was saying. Any thoughts on how else this could have been handled. I.E. go with the false double foul, multiple foul because B's teammate caused the collision, or false double foul.

Was A1 on the ground when fouled?...in that case the play is dead on the foul by B1 and there couldn't be anything else....If A1 is airborne then you may be able to have the false double foul (I think that the terminology, no rule book handy)...... I'd try to get out of there either way with only 1 if possible......especially if you deem that A1 was displaced into B2.....

Sounds like you did pretty good to me, regardless if A1 was airborne or not.

If B1 fouls and B2 doesn't have lgp and blocks on an airborne shooter you'd have a multiple foul, correct? (once again, no rule book handy) I'd try to get out of there with 1 call as well, so why not do that in your situation

Last edited by RushmoreRef; Thu Feb 15, 2007 at 03:12pm.