Thread: Stop Sign
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 10, 2007, 02:32am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaRef
Went to scout a game tonight. Saw two officials that have been calling a long time. One was very very arrogant. A coach questions a call, I don't mean flipping out, just questioning. The official gives him the stop sign 3 times. The coach turns to walk away, makes about three steps and official gives him a T. Coach didn't even know he got it. I think the whole situation could have been avoided if there wasn't a "stop" sign. They went to line up and shoot free throws before he knew he got it. All of this happened 2 minutes left in the first quarter. Guess it was a sign, game turned out to be a pretty fun battle.
You are a coach. You think like a coach. You do not think like an official. A coach is not allowed to question an official's call. If they do, they do so at their own risk. You also don't know all of the dynamics of the play, but you sureasheck rush to dump on the official. From what I've seen so far of you, that's just typical. Don't blame the use of the stop sign for the technical foul. Blame the coach who acted in an unsporting manner and caused the technical foul by doing so.

Besides, the coach was probably just trying to get one of those strategic technical fouls that I've heard so much about. That makes it all OK.