View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 10, 2007, 01:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerfan
Thanks for the reply:

6) Constructive criticizm from coaches is probabably a better term.

7) Have to disagree with you. Anybody can read the rule book (I had a 96 on the FHSAA exam), but an official still has to know the game and how to manage people.

9) The girls you officiate must be more like "ladies". It is very well known, in West Central Florida, the girls games are lot more difficult to officiate.

Again, thanks for your opinion
badgerfan,

Criticism is not allowed. Officials need to be treated with respect. Questions like, "what did you see on that call" are fine. If you allow criticism, you are not maintaining sportsmanship. Respect yourself and expect respect from coaches.

I know officials (long time veterans at times) who can manage a game but make traveling calls when the player doesn't have control of the ball or they call a kicked ball when the ball is struck with the foot unintentionally. I can manage the game by myself if I have to. I can't always "fix" those calls.

I have heard people say that girls games are more difficult to officiate. They are just different. Boys games are more intense and up around the rim. Girls games are more fundamental but less contact creates an advantage so you can't let them play through as much. The adjustment isn't that hard.