View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I merely cut and pasted professional information from a website.
And attempted to pass it off as your own by not sourcing the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I doubt if they cared since no copyright laws were violated.
You're probably right that they don't care, but it is a copyright violation to remove content from a web-site and place it elsewhere without their permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Remember your bootleg JEA?
If you mean the link to the JEA that a few of us found online, yes, I do remember it. The site wasn't of my creation and was shut down once it was reported to Mr. Evans that his material was available there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I posted professional health care advice that might help save some one's life. If that is annoying to you, use the ignore function.
The information wasn't annoying to me. It was the manner in which it was presented that was annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
That stuff is serious business. Once you have had one, you are more likely to having another. Again, I'm sorry you find a life or death situation annoying...............
I find life or death situations to be a very serious matters. What I don't find is any amusement in the way you jumped on Steve as if he were making the story up that he had problems with the heat last season, and that he felt wearing a helmet may have contributed to the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
FWIW-I got the info off a public domain. It it bothers you that much, here is some more info:

WebMD's agent for copyright issues relating to this web site is as follows:

WebMD, Inc.
Attn: Office of Privacy
1175 Peachtree Street, Suite 2400
100 Colony Square
Atlanta, Georgia 30361
[email protected]

Or call: 866-788-3097
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Next time a link would be a better alternative to plagiarism.

Tim.