View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 03:43pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref in PA
If you have a rules question, then ask it. If you want to whine about a ref, do it someplace else. This is not the forum to whine.
Why are we so quick to jump on new posters in the forum lately? I'm truly baffled.

As JRut has very correctly pointed out in another recent thread, there's a whole lot more to officiating than the rules. If (and that's a big if, since we only have one side of the story) this official behaved the way it is described, what should be done about it? That's a legitimate question. There's no reason to lash out at this person.

My own suggestion would be to contact the official's association (since you may have past relationships there), rather than the schools themselves. Or if you feel really strongly, I guess you could do both. But by contacting the association, you might get the official some training. Maybe. Maybe not.

Realistically, your complaint will have no effect. As some others have indicated, your comments will probably not influence the AD and the official himself will probably dismiss you as a know-nothing. Additionally, the official's assignor may already know about his problems, but uses him anyway just because he needs to bodies out on the floor to cover games.

Your best bet is to simply forget it as a bad experience, and take comfort in the fact that the official will never get to a varsity game without some additional improvement.