View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 02:27am

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrego
Steve,

When someone who admits they have not tried an HSM, starts saying they don't like specific aspects of it, like; "It's too hot", or "It rings too loud when hit", is not speaking their opinion. They are merely repeating what someone else has said.

Now, if they say they don't like the way it looks, OK, that is 'their' opinion.

How many times did your parents make you taste something before they would listen to you whine about not liking it ?

And for the record, I bet there are people out there who think Horse Poop tastes good (considering all the sicko's out there). Being someone who has actually tasted Horse Poop (bucked off into a pile of it as a kid), my expert opinion is that it tastes pretty bad !
I don't know of anyone out there that has not tried an HSM, who goes around saying things like "it's too hot," or "It rings too loud." I only hear these people say that they don't want to wear them. The people who have worn them are the ones who comment about the heat and that deafening ringing.

Last summer, I suffered heat stroke during a game, in which the temperature was upward of 106 degrees with extremely high humidity. It was the hottest day on record for that date, and it was a miserable day. I feel that the intense heat inside my helmet contributed significantly to the problem which I suffered.

I feel that if I had been using a traditional mask, that I could have continued, as my face and head would have been much cooler. As it was, the director and some concerned tournament personnel insisted on pulling me off the field in the last of the 5th inning, in fear for my health and safety.

That is the reason I am switching back to a regular mask and hat the next time I work a ballgame.