Thread: 9.01(c)
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Okay, I read your apology on the other thread. Apology unecessary. Just don't bite off more than you can chew, because you cannot possibly have anywhere near the experience of the average poster on this forum.

Hey, when I was 16, I accidentally looked at a United States Marine for more than a split second while at Disneyland. He chewed my a$s up one side, and down the other..."are you eyeballin' me boy?" No, sir. "Do you have an eye problem?" No, sir. "Then you better keep your eyes to yourself, boy!!!" Yes, sir.

He made it abundantly clear that I was still a boy compared with him, and that I wasn't as grown up as I thought I was at the time. I took that lesson to heart when dealing with my elders from then on.

I have the same advice for you, son.
Steve,

I am sorry that happened to you. That is no Marine in my book. I want to think that you were looking at him in admiration and awe (there is no better looking uniform than the Marine Dress Blues). That Marine was the exception, not the rule. I understand that was a different time, but he should have been honored to have you look at him. He is not what the Corps represents. Again, I am sorry that happened to you.

Semper Fi.