Thread: Time to foul
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
Team A (home team) get a 1 point lead with 8 seconds to play. They have 5 team fouls. During the timeout, we get together and decide they will foul to keep team B from having a lot of time to setup a last shot. They come out of the timeout and two different players inform us that they will be fouling. I just said to make a play for the ball.

Team B takes the ball in, rushes to half court where team A is going to foul. Just as I at C am about to call the first contact for a foul, Team B's coach is asking for a timeout. So, may partner granted it as he was asking before the fould occurred. Bad move. Now there is only 5 seconds and team A still has a fould to give. Had he waited, he would have had the foul first.

Now, they inbound, team A fouls and there is 3 seconds left. They inbound, get a good look at a 3 pointer, but it misses.

Good game.
I'm just stirring the pot here, but if a player tells you they are going to foul, isn't that intentional? They are fouling to take away an opponents obvious advantageous position. Remember, I'm just stirring the pot here.