Thread: No big dogs
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 04, 2007, 06:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C
You don't want to work with someone who wants to do her best at every game?
Doing your best is not having a pre-game? Then you talk about quitting because someone going over a post game?

Quote:
As I said, it's been a rough year but I can see improvement. I found the other day that when I was reading the officiating manual that it was finally making sense on the level that means I've gotten to the point that I'm starting to fine tune the mechanics instead of having it all be Greek.
Remember, you started this post. None of us have a dog in the fight as to why you want to officiate or not.

Quote:
What did I say that I despised?

Very interesting. Chip on your shoulder too?
Rita, you are upset because "big dogs" (your words) want to go over stuff before the game. You did not say anything about "big dogs" being rude or unprofessional. You said they it was more fun to work with people that did not go over those things. I did not make that claim or create a post about this topic, YOU DID!!! Not sure how I would have a chip on my shoulder by pointing this out. Also if you want to be seen a professional and someone that wants to improve, you go over things before and after games. Even when I work with younger officials, I ask them "Did you see anything (that I personally did) that you want to talk about?" I want to talk about things because I might have done something that was not correct or they might think I did something right. Either way in most games we officiate, no one is around evaluating us. So I like to hear things from my partners that we could have done better. That is "trying to get better" in my opinion. Trying to get better does not mean getting upset with your partners and contemplating why younger officials quit just because someone had a pre-game and post-game.

Peace