View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 04, 2007, 03:06am
Official Forum Member

Nevada/Hawaii Game Today

Don't know if anyone saw the highlights - but a ridiculous ending. I believe most of these facts are correct (but correct me if I'm wrong!):

Nevada up 69-68 with about 10 seconds left, ball is in Hawaii's front court, Hawaii possession. Hawaii player (H1) is on the baseline, gets the ball, Nevada player (N1) grabs a hold of his jersey and is tugging, H1 turns around, putting up a shot with N2 still grabbing him, TWEET, shoots, scores, official on baseline signals foul on N1, basket good!

Nevada coach goes beserk, officials get back together, confer for 3-5 mins, and decide to take the points off the board, and put the foul on the floor.

For those that saw the game, did it look to you like Hawaii got the shaft? Would you have called an intentional on N1 for not making a play on the ball?

Looked like the worst of all worlds for the refs - if no other ref called a foul on the floor, and no one called the initital tugging, how can you turn around and put the foul on the floor? And how can you not call it an intentional? And overrule the baseline ref who had the play 3 feet in front of him?