Thread: I Need Help !
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 01:46am
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
Currently in the NCAA, each staff is allocated 4 full-time coaching positions. Normally that's one head coach and three assistants. I believe there's only one official graduate assistant position, but there may be two. These individuals all have certain responsibilities and their contact with players and recruits is outlined in the rules.

Most staffs have many, many more individuals involved in teh program, though. A common position is Director of Basketball Operations. This person generally helps with some administrative stuff like scheduling teams, travel, camps, etc., and may or may not be involved directly with the team in practice and games. Many schools have "interns" who are undergrad or graduate students that help. Some schools have specific strength coaches for basketball, others have general strength coaches for all sports.

Lots of these "extra" people may help with practice and the like, but there are restrictions on how much and what type of contact they can have with players. There's a lot of gray area, though, and I know many schools push the limits.
Ah yes. 4 to 5 coaching positions for 12 players. That seems necessary.

Rant off.