View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 01:44pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef
Rich, if you want to go anywhere in the WI State Tournament Series I would stongly suggest using the stop clock mechanic on out of bounds plays.
I guess that doesn't apply to the "college officials" I saw working the state tournament on TV last year. Or the year before.

Please note that what I post here is 90% tongue-in-cheek.

It's OK, regardless. I'm aware that someone with the power to assign me may read this and think I'm 100% serious. I could decide to create another user ID or stop posting entirely or be entirely serious all the time. Life's too short and for me this is a hobby I happen to enjoy that earns me some bucks.

It's why I don't care much that I have my name attached to these posts rather than some anonymous nom-de-net. I've come to realize that I'm not going anywhere in basketball (they don't want a short, fat guy on TV, for example ), so my focus is mainly on the regular season and having a good time doing what I'm doing. Any post-season games are just gravy for me and appear to be randomly assigned anyway.

Baseball season is just around the corner, provided I don't have a torn ligament in my knee. I'll find out later today. And I do have different goals and aspirations for baseball and football than I do basketball. And I think that's OK, too.

Last edited by Rich; Thu Feb 01, 2007 at 01:55pm.