View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 12:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire
I'll agree that it's the system's fault and join you in wishing he turns out well, but realistically it's not in the cards. He won't stay in college long enough for that coach to make a difference and in the NBA what do they care so long as you're on the court and not in court?
Going to college is not going to automatically make you a great human being. Calling a kid a thug is also a little much. He was not arrested, he did not do anything illegal as of yet. There are several kids that have come out of HS and went straight to the NBA and they are nothing but fine young men. If anything the young man made a mistake and he needed an adult to show him how he needs to learn from that situation. The coaches, schools or parents could have all stepped in and not let this get so far. I know I made a lot of mistakes when I was his age, but it was not in the media and it was not as public. I also know many like myself and had worse problems and they are very productive people. I think sometimes here we really lose sight of the bigger picture.

Peace