View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 30, 2007, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEater
It sure will. Try it sometime and see, as a shooter when I got hit just after release and was not able to extend my arm fully it would change the shot. I don't pretend to know all the physics of how the shot really works but I can say with absolute confidence that not being able to follow through did something.
If the ball was out of your hands it didn't do anything to change the shot.

btw...I get a nickel every time I post this so here it is again:

The airborne shooter rule is the same under ncaa mens, nfhs and ncaa womans rules. Here is the ncaa version, first art under rule 4:
Quote:
Art. 1. An airborne shooter is in the act of shooting.
A.R. 67. A1 is in the air on a jump shot in the lane. A1 releases the ball on a try and is fouled by B1, who has jumped in an unsuccessful attempt to block the shot. A1’s try is: (a) successful; or (b) unsuccessful. RULING: A1 shall be an airborne shooter when the ball is released until he or she returns with one foot touching the floor. An airborne shooter shall be in the act of shooting. B1 has fouled A1 in the act of shooting. A1 shall be awarded one free throw in (a), and two in (b).

Art. 2. An airborne shooter is a player who has released the ball on a try for goal until one foot has returned to the floor.
What is different is that under nfhs and ncaa-w an airborne shooter is still considered to have control of the ball after the shot is released for the purposes of a PC foul.