View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 27, 2007, 10:12pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Again, I haven't spoken with Mike (the official) but I tend to agree with the "flop" thinking too. One, the guy is in his late 20's and in fantastic shape. He played quarterback at Fairmont State College. My thinking is that it would take a helluva bump to knock him to the ground. The fact that he fell or flopped is not what's important - he was BUMPED by a player. I also agree that there was a problem with none of the other officials doing anything. Mayo certainly went after him and bumped him - something other than 2 games for the ejection is in order.

I'll probably be blasted for this statement - but I guess you can the thug out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the thug!
If you are going to say a comment - which is stupid in this case anyway - at least get it right. I hope you meant to put "take" after "can."

I know Mike and I have worked with him in the WVIAC and at the Nike camp (we were roommates). I just tried to call him and I imagine he is on the court right now. Maybe it was a little bit of a flop, maybe not. Whatever the case may be, the player made contact with him and that should be punished much more severely than two games. I also think his partners were probably less experienced than him and shook up under the bright lights.