Thread: Fan Control
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 02:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Act like a CEO.

Quote:
Originally posted by pilotref
I need help forgetting the fans and coaches. It was a long busy season, and I could feel myself getting testy, especially w/ 1 team's fans, (who I see at mass). I have 4 years into this now, ands I think I'm not good under big game pressure w/ lots of fan/coach stress. HELP me zone it out!
Look at it this way. Who is in charge? Is it the fans or is it the coaches or is it you?

Officiating is basically you being given the huge responsibility of having to run the game. If you are not there, no one is there to run the game. They do not just play without the officials.

I feel when you look at it as if this is YOUR GAME to run, what the other parties think is minimal at best. Yes, they might have their opinion, but does the CEO really listen to what the janitor says? Look at the same way is that. Regardless of how much a fan or coach or even player rides you, you decide whether or not they stay or go. You decide whether I enforce certain rules or not enforce certain rules (in theory). You decide how the game is run or how the game is not run. And if anyone else could do that, why would you be there?

When that game is going on, it is your show. You run it how you please. The CEO still has to have answer to others, but if these entities are getting in the way of what you are doing, just ignore them or get rid of them. Of course that is to say you cannot get rid of every fan, but you should not care what they think. These people are like the people the judge whether you are a good lawyer, but never went to law school.

All you have to do is change your attitude about doing theses games, and you will be much happier. You are the boss basically. And if you are the boss, you only have to listen to certain people. Coaches and fans are not them. Your assignors and your evaluators you might have to. Keep it all in perspective if you can.

Peace