View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81artmonk
I would agree, and I always coach to plant and stand and take the hit, but unfortunetly most refs I experience won't make the call unless it is an iron clad obvious charge. Like the player has established LGP 3 steps ahead of the other player and he gets run over. That seems to be the only instance I have come across in my experience where a ref calls charging.
The most uncalled violation in my experience is Player A is defending the ball. Player B cuts around Player A, Another Player A2 anticipates this and assumes a LGP on the other side of his partner. Player B comes around the blind side of Player A and runs into Player A2. I see this called blocking all the time. When by definition he had established LGP more than 1 step from a player who was obstructed.
You're going to have to talk to your local rules interpreter to see how he's instructing people to call things in your area. No one on this board have any authority to say what will or won't be called or how in your locale. We only know how we are told to interpret things "around here".