View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81artmonk
my reasoning on this was from an instance in a game where Player A had the ball and player B swatted the ball loose from player A causing the ball to roll off their leg and go backcourt, where another player From A retrieved it and it wasn't called backcourt, yet possession never changed and I was told from this forum that it should have been called backcourt. So, that was were I sort of reasoned my thoughts. I guess I was wrong, but I learn ya know
81... Can you tell me if it was A or B's leg that it went off of in the quote from you above because I may be bothered by one thing you state here....

Assuming that B swatted the ball and it went in to the backcourt off of B's leg, then A is allowed to be the first to touch in the backcourt without violating. You state that you were told that this SHOULD be a BC violation.

If it went BC off of A's leg though, then it is a BC violation.

Just wasn't clear from the post whos leg it went off of.... maybe it was obvious to some but I am a little slow today...

Chris