View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 02:07pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkansasref33
He!! yea it is... anything like that should be in-house, and nobody, and i mean NOBODY should know about it other than the reprimanded official and the person/board deciding his punishment. It goes back to the thread where we were talking about throwing fellow officials underneath the bus. You don't do it, no matter what. If you do, and you let the whole nation know he screwed up, then EVERY game, and i mean EVERY game, coaches and players are going to question his calls, and be continually on his @$$ because of it. It would essentially be forcing this guy to quit officiating.
We are not talking about high school basketball, there is a lot of money involved and as far as I know there is no such thing as a board to decide this.
It is sort of naive to think this will ruin someone's career. It just doesn't happen that way so you should let that one go.