View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81artmonk
I was just thinking that since Team A had possession before the ball went out of bounds, that possession never changed even during the throw-in so it would be back court. So what you are saying is that no matter who had possession, a ball going out of bounds automatically becomes dead with no one having possession, therefore, there would be no backcourt.
my reasoning on this was from an instance in a game where Player A had the ball and player B swatted the ball loose from player A causing the ball to roll off their leg and go backcourt, where another player From A retrieved it and it wasn't called backcourt, yet possession never changed and I was told from this forum that it should have been called backcourt. So, that was were I sort of reasoned my thoughts. I guess I was wrong, but I learn ya know
Bonus Question:

How bout this one my good fan.

Team A has a throw-in at the division line...A1 throws the ball to A2, who is standing in A's frontcourt, the ball touches A2 and rebounds into the backcourt. Is it a backcourt violation if a Team A member is the first to touch the ball in the backcourt?
Richland, WA