View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 07:33pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
IIRC, it started like this....

There was pretender on here a while back that claimed to be on the SEC staff. In everything he stated seemed to reference the SEC, as if they were the gods of basketball. He say something about the SEC in every post to support his point, even if it wasn't true. In the end, it was determined that this person may have went to some camp with the SEC and he was on some sort of mailing list...never worked a game for any sort of SEC team...even in the summer. He faded away....but Jurrassic's contempt for the SEC remains.
Not completely true. I really don't have any contempt for the SEC. I just found it kinda hilarious that it turned out that we were being lectured by a 19-year old college student who had gone to a camp, had a few middle school games under his belt, and had never officiated at the high school level, Frosh, JV or otherwise. He kept insisting that the SEC was the be-all and the end-all though.

Here's where it started:
Look at the feet

Look for a post by refTN at 8:05pm.

From there, it kinda just evolved into a running joke amongst a whole bunch of us.

And, having said that, I hope that refTN is still officiating, is learning with experience, and that someday I might be watching him do an SEC game on tv.

When I was 19, I thought I knew everything too. It's kinda amazing that I've seemed to get stoopider every year since then.