View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Snaqwells. I am aware of that. I think we have too many thought strands going here. When I responded to the OP first, that was what I stated. Then the thread got off on the tangent of a spot throw-in. Now we all keep jumping back and forth between the two situations.

After a made basket, it won't matter where the spot is, since the player has the entire endline, and therefore the coach has no need to request a specific spot. The whole conversation is moot.

However, IF there is a spot, unless the ball became dead EXACTLY in the middle of the lane, the rules (or at the very least mechanics guidelines) require that there is only 1 spot the ball can be inbounded from.

Is that clearer?????

And rook, I agree. Additionally, as I said before, how will the OTHER coach feel if he sees you change floor position on request? IF I were a coach, I'd be pretty upset, thinking some gamersmanship was going on. He could argue, WAIT! I set up my defense thinking the ball was going to be on that side and you just changed it on request???????

Last edited by Ignats75; Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 12:19pm.