View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignats75
Player can run the baseline. Doesn't matter where the "spot" is. However, the "spot" is not an option. There is only 1 place it can be for a spot throw-in: the closest point on the sideline or baseline to where the action that caused the deadball to occur. (Those are my words not the rules since I couldn't find my Official's Manual that discusses out of bounds locations.)

Unless, of course, the action happens in the paint. Then all bets are off. I, however, have never had a coach request a side. I have had them ask where the in-bounds would be, but never ask for a change of my call where it will be. How would you feel as the opposing coach if you heard THAT conversation? No way would I let a coach dictate anything like that to me.
Good points, except the ball was made dead by the basket. There is no location closest to the ball in this case. There is no 'spot' in this case. Move to the other side, wait for your partner(s) to adjust, remind the players he can run the line and put the ball in play.