View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I wonder how do they impose a one game suspension? In basketball, you're mainly working with a different crew every game. So each of these officials next game is off the books? It could be 3 different games at 3 different locations.

I also wonder if the 3 points made a difference in the game, and if not, why publicize the officials mistake? I thought that we are protected by such public discipline. If it cost the team the game, okay, yeah, because the public has a right to know what you are going to do about it. But something internal like that, not sure if it needs to be publicize. Now these guys got a bulleye on there head no matter where they work afterwards. If I'm making a salary like what some of the coaches are making, okay, my mistakes should get magnified, comes with the job. But officials are not getting that type of cake for pay. Why ruin there reputation for something that didn't cost the team a lost?
I hear it all the time from my college supervisors "accountability." We the big pay checks comes more "accountability!"