View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEngmann
In terms of the actual conflict, I really don't think that it's any of your business if the site administrator wants to have a word with the visiting coach, particularly if it's not affecting the game. I know it's unpleasant, but really, in the scheme of things, it's minor. As soon as she tried to defend herself, just let her have the last word and walk away. Then, if you're uncomfortable, just request not to work at that site anymore. I think that sending this report in makes you look bad, particularly if this site administrator is established, and can get you a reputation within your group as someone who causes problems, a label that is hard to shake, and one that can severely restrict your advancement and schedule. I've heard many assignors say that the best officials that they have are the ones who work games and the assignor does not get a phone call.
No, the report needs to be sent. This is the third time she has interfered in some manner at one of my games. One time she chastised me for calling too many fouls because she wanted to get home. (I let that go considering it a bad joke.) More recently, there was a dispute between the coaches on the nonstarter quarter. (One coach was accusing the other of putting in a ringer.) She came out on the floor to talk to the refs to try to get us involved. (This is a matter the coaches are supposed to report to their respective DAs.

I walked away from her when she started having the conniption out on the floor. Then she came in to the dressing area and continued.

Even if I don't work that location anymore, (there is no concern about advancement in our association) she needs to learn her role. Her "involvment" has been escalating in my games. I don't know that it is't in others. The parameters need to be set. I had things settled down with the coach. I don't want it happening to me again, or worse, a less experienced official which is most of what we have in our association.

Rita