View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

I was checking out articles on the Boston Globe to get their perspective on the game and stumbled on to the message board for the game (I know I shouldn't have done that). There are a few fans clammering on there that the refs were horrible and the reason the Patriots lost.

They were mostly upset about the DPI called on the "face guarding" play (I honestly didn't notice if there was contact), the OPI on Troy Brown, the RTP on the last Colts drive, and the non-DPI call in the end zone before the Pat's last FG.

The OPI and RTP were both correct per the rules and called correctly in the context of the game. As biased fans they just don't realize or see it that way. The "face guarding" play would not be DPI if there was no contact but the official must have felt there was contact. The only call of the group I would question is the non-DPI call but based on the rest of this game, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the crew for getting it right.

That's why they call them fanatics. It always looks different in slow motion from 8 camera angles to a biased fan than to a trained official in real time from 1 or 2 angles. Great job again guys if any of you peruse this site!