View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Okay, you don't respect me, and nothing I could say could change your mind about that. I can respect that.

Anyone who feels there's some possibility that there might be some middle ground here? Anyone who can see past the us-them black-white mentality to something approaching the possibility of judgment, flexibility, team work?

It really depends on the style of basketball... in a 7th grade boys game, I usually will not call a LOT of fouls.. I call the obvious, blatant ones... if something happens inside that doesn't give one player the advantage, and there are a couple bodies around, i most likely wont call it. but if it is out in the open, and its a foul, i call it. The ones down in the paint, or with 2-3 bodies around, I may or may not call it. it depends on the severity and whether or not it gives an advantage to one player/team. If the coach says anything, I can just reply with "coach, you must have had a different angle than i did" or "my view was blocked coach, i couldnt get a look at the play from any angle i took", and the complaining usually stops there. I know a lot of people may disagree with this, but to each his/her own.