Thread: Patrick
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alex
I guess you both do have to come down to Europe to learn and taste some real beer. Although I like the German better than the Belgian beer, Patrick has a point. It's always better than any US-kind a beer. So little alcohol, it's like a kids-beer. And I don't like water, or it has to be to make some coffee...
(Afterall, tea is only there for the sick.......)
Oh...trust me, there are plenty of real beers here. Just none that get any international distribution, such as the Bud/Miller/Coors group gets. There are more than 1600 breweries in the US, all of which are brewing "real beer" with the exception of about 10% of them. (And that 10% just happen to be the types that make all the money, such as Anhauser Busch.)

I have been to Europe and consumed my share of beer there, and there is no style or type brewed there that I cannot find here. It is sad that the world only knows of America beers such as Budweiser, and know so little about such American craft brewers as Avery, Sierra Nevada, Pyramid, Full Sail, New Belgium, North Coast, Stone, Lagunitas, Victory, Brooklyn, Alaska Brewing, Breckenridge, Flying Dog.....well....you get the picture. The list goes on and on and on. Now...if you are ever in the states, especially down Texas way, let me know and we will see what we can do about setting you up with some real American beer, and not that pale yellow fizzy swill that so many think of as American beer!

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.