View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

With your sit, I would try not to give the bench player a T unless I felt he was trying to deliberately disrupt the play.

In a televised game earlier this season involving Kansas, a ball being dribbled by a player (attempting to drive around a defender) came in contact with an OOB player's foot as that player was on the sideline moving to check in. At the time, the ball was in play and near the line, but it went out of bounds after hitting the OOB player's foot.

The officials met and gave the ball back to the offensive team even though their player was the last player on the court to touch it inbounds.

I guess I'm saying that situations offered on this forum are sometimes viewed in black and white terms and good officiating often involves the ability to see the areas of gray. If you felt the kid intentionally tried to disrupt the play or did something similar previously, he may deserve a T. If he was simply being a kid playing a basketball -- not really paying attention or being just reflexive, find a way to play on.