View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
Well until the fed adds a 0.3 comes off for a touch under the timing rules, we have to go with 1.2...it's the only fair thing to do IMO.
care to support that by a rule? didn't think so because there is no rules support.

The closest thing in the case book is 5.10.1 situation B. In essence A leads by 1 point with 12 seconds on the clock. They inbound and dribble in the backcourt until the horn sounds. The trail doesn't sound their whistle because they lost the count. The ruling is : the game is over. The clock may not be reset as there are no rule provisions to do this. If the count was not accurate or was not made, it cannont be corrected. There is no provision for the correction of an error made in the officials accuracy in counting seconds.

In the OP since there was no counting at all, there is no provision by rule to reset the clock. We also can't substitute words into the OP as was suggested.