View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roamin' Umpire
Indy was only 4-4 on the road, and played a totally cream-puff schedule.
That's not necessarily true. Three of their four road wins were against the Patriots, Giants, and Jets, all playoff teams. Their fourth road win was at Denver when they were 6-1 or something like that. Their four road losses were to Dallas and Tennessee when they were hot and Jacksonville who had extra motivation since they had been beaten by the Colts so much over the years. The Tennessee and Houston games were both on last second field goals. In their home games they beat Philadelphia, Cincinnati, and Miami (when they were on a roll). They had some cream puffs like anyone else but I wouldn't consider their schedule easier than many others.

That said, I'm not sure they will beat Baltimore. Unlike San Diego and New Orleans, Baltimore has several players with extensive playoff experience. With Steve McNair leading the offense and Ray Lewis leading the defense they have people who have "been there." It will be a tough game but if the Colts can jump ahead early I like their chances. Otherwise they will probably be in a dog fight that will be hard to win. The teams that beat the Colts pressure Manning into mistakes or keep their offense on the field so much the Colts can only score so many points. In the Texans game the Colts scored 4 of the 6 times they had the ball but they only got the ball 6 times in the entire game!! And they couldn't stop Houston.