View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 02:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Let me put it this way. There are fewer women's assignors to impress. If I am not mistaken if you live in the East or Midwest, you just have to impress a couple of people to work a D1 game. On the Men's side every Mid-Major Conference has their own assignor for the most part. So if you want to work in the Big 10, Big 12, Big East, ACC and SEC, you have to impress different people for each conference. And in most cases you will never see those conferences until you work for the smaller mid-major conferences like the Missouri Valley, MAC or Mid-Con (sorry I am from the Midwest). So there is a totally different atmosphere on the Men's side than the Women's side. Now if you see that as more difficult I guess it depends on how you look at things. For me in general it seems harder on the Men's side because there seems to be more competition (more people want to be there) because Men's games are much more on TV and most officials are men. It seems most officials tend to gravitate to the Men's game as a goal to achieve.

Peace