View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 11:12am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
Yes, careful with that integrity stuff, rocky.

You might have to regurgitate quotes for us if I said something that contradicts this ... but if memory serves, I did jump all over a coach for saying that he DID run a play that we summarily told him was not legal. I believe (again ... if memory serves) that there was some confusion in that he said "We run this play ..." and then later said, "I never said we actually RAN the play". Anyway, I had a problem with him saying he ran a play that was not just illegal, but was likely created from an unethical frame of mind.

But what does that have to do with MY integrity?

And as was pointed out in that long ago thread, teams "RUN" plays in practice, no? Isn't that what happens? Coach tells offense to line up and "RUN" play such-and-such...part of integrity (adherence to a code of especially moral values) is realizing when one makes a mistake and admitting that - you chose then and in other threads to blast away at people you don't even know...and when that blasting turns toward other officials, you are surprised when someone calls you on it...