View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 11, 2007, 05:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvernebbref
Boy’s V game, early in the first half (play halves in MN).
Block-Charge situation, no-brainer, its a charge on A1.
Ball is inbounded and I pass by the bench and the team A assistant coach is barking “No Way, No Way!!!”
Shortly, I am the lead and covering off ball and A3 bats the ball away from dribbler B1 near half court and in front of A’s bench, away from the side line of my partner. B1 recovers the ball and the assistant starts barking that B1 was out of bounds (may have or have not been OOB, I had action in the lane, and partner could not tell). The assistant then looks at me and barks “That is the third thing you have missed already!

What do you think, should I have ignored him, or would you have said something to him?
Here's the scoop. You're in the 1st half and you got this type of stuff coming at you. The 1st half or 1st quarter is the perfect time to deal with it, because if you don't, it's really going to be a problem in the 2nd half of the game. This type of talk from ANY coach is unacceptable to me. My flag goes up on the first comment. When I get the 2nd one, and it's like that comment! That's a automatic technical to me and coach is benched. You don't have to say anything to anybody but the table, technical on AC, HC must now remain seated, get back to the game. You don't give the AC coach no long stare or anything after that. You just take care of business and I guarantee you they will remember that lession forever. You'll get nothing but respect everytime you work there.

I had the HC say something similiar to me yesterday late in the 2nd half of a college game, crunch time. He had been a saint up to that point. My response is going to be a little different now. That comment got his communication priviledge removed from me, in other words, he's now on ignore. I'm going to focus down on this close game. I get another comment like that, he gets the stop sign. Third negative comment, technical.

One more thing, imo. If you're getting that type of comments directed at you in the beginnig of the game. Somebody didn't take care of business in there last game, and it's carrying over. My point here is you don't have to say anything to either coach. If they're going to talk to you like that, “That is the third thing you have missed already!” in the beginning of the game. I'll give you the first one, maybe even the 2nd one to be sure what I heard the 1st time is what I thought I heard, because I can't believe that. Third one, automatic. You don't have to say "JACK!" to any coach. You're being a nice guy if you do, and I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm just telling you, I'm not going there. Flip side of this, if the AC and/or HC is being respectful to me. I'll go out my way for them.

Last edited by Old School; Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 11:38am.