View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 10, 2007, 04:22pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Can you please point out where in this or the one other thread you referenced that said anything about a loss being the officials' fault?
Backcourt Violation - Mavs Heat

See the post from June 22, 2006 @ 3:01pm.

"Yes I'm from Dallas and I'm a Maverick fan".

"But this series was just bad. Your defense of these very one-sided mistakes is simply either blind obedience or just stupid stubborness. Refusal to recognize what are obviously bad calls doesn't help anyone"

"Surely at a minimum, you "experts" in the field can at least recognize that in this particular case, the inevitable mistakes did happen to go the Heat's way more than it's FAIR SHARE".

"Bad"? "Very one-sided mistakes"? "Obviously bad calls"? "Go the Heat's way more than it's fair share"? And all this is from a guy that's supposed to be a devoted football and baseball umpire but admits that he has never officiated a basketball game in his life and doesn't know the rules.

I can track some more down if you want. I can also dig up some quotes from some other Dallas fanboys too.

If you fanboys want to crap on the officials, hey, be my guest. Just don't intimate that you've got more credibility because you happen to officiate a sport. You don't. You're fanboys first and officials second.

That's my point, like it or not.