View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
In this scenario, I'm not sure they would get the luxury of a stop sign. You have one coach stomping and others chiming in. A nice T on the bench would be in order here to me. I'll post about my T last night here in a bit.

The NCHSSA director made it very clear this year, that officials are not to tolorate assistant coaches in any way, shape, or form. He let it be known that "assistants" are to sit on there "***" and be quiet. He stated that the assistants are bench personnel treated exactly like the players that are sitting on the bench. The head coach is 100% responsible for the actions of bench personnel. If the bench (players or coaches) can not behave, then the head coach shall pay for it with a loss of his coaching box.

So in the situation mentioned in this thread, if an assistant coach was making any "noise" toward an official, he should be asessed the T as soon as possible. The stop sign is always a good warning for a head coach. An assistant does not deserve that same privilage.