Thread: Net Hung Up
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 08, 2007, 02:38pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
The Guidebook I am referring to have the NF logo on it and from memory is called the NF Guidebook. You are making way too much out of this to get around the fact that the NF puts out information in this publication as another source for content. I also seriously do not think Referee Magazine/NASO would not at the very least confirm information that they get and put out in this guide.
I'm not making anything out of it, Jeff. I'm just telling you my understanding of the publications that NASO sells. IAABO also simply copies the NFHS rule and case books, using explicit approval from the FED. IAABO however sells their own mechanics manual too, which apparently has some differences in it from the FED Manual. NASO publications would basically be the same. Both NASO and IAABO have issued rulings, info, etc. before that were wrong, as per NFHS publications.

If there's an NFHS logo on the cover of the book, whatever is in the book is approved by the NFHS. If there isn't an NFHS logo on the book, it isn't approved by the NFHS. The info in a NASO or IAABO publication without an NFHS logo on the cover therefore might be correct, but there is no guarantee that it is correct. That's all I'm saying.