Thread: Net Hung Up
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 11:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
O' irony of ironies! Rut is quoting an old ruling by the NFHS which is not in a current book.
There is a huge difference in you and me. I know this ruling was old and I am not saying it has to be followed to the letter like you do all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
PS Whatever was put out if it was by the NFHS, I believe it was a lot more than two years ago. Perhaps what you saw came from the IHSA.
Actually you would be wrong (again). This was addressed in the NF Guidebook which is put out by the NF and Referee Magazine. Officials from Illinois get a free copy when they attend IHSA Rules Meetings. And it could not have been more than 3 years ago. I am out of town and do not have access to my old guidebooks to give an exact year. I will also say that what the NF said to do was not a hard line ruling. They gave a couple of ways to handle this and basically put the onus on the schools and game management to fix this problem. I neither agree nor disagree either way with the position of the NF. I just said how it was talked about through the NF and how they addressed this situation.

Peace