View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 04:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymanjones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(From original post)
I had a situation and am still struggling with how I handled it. I'm lead. Pass comes into low post to A1, who has his back to the basket. Defender B1 jumps and bumps A1, who is not really trying for the basket yet. I hold my whistle...A1 does a good job gathering himself, turns to go to the basket.....and travels

I don't care how a coach, fan, or player feels about me. I care about the game. I give each team a far and impartial chance at winning within the rules of the game. If you feel you need to classify infractions as minor and decide whice infractions to call and which not to so much , it sounds to me like you are helping to decide the outcome of the game. Just an observation, nothing personal
I am glad you care about the game, I care about the game and being consistent and I do not take every single call without consideration of other calls or how the result of something else might have affected the entire play. And if the OP said there was no travel, I am not going to call one with minor contact. It is also called judgment and your judgment might not match mine (which is fine with me). So if you feel you need to call everything that do that. I will call the game that has worked well for me over the years. It has worked out for me quite well.

Peace