Thread: Eyepoke
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 04:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Wrong. An assignor would take your azz off his availabilty list if you pulled crap like that.
Crap like what? Crap like a player faked being foul and I sent him to the bench. As the official for the game. If I say give me a sub because I feel in my mind that the player is injured. I am within my rights as an official to declare a player unfit to play at anytime in the game. YOU GOT THAT JR, AT ANYTIME!!!! You can kiss my azz, cause guess what, he's going to the bench. If the coach and players says he's not injured because he faked the injury. Well in my mind, he's injured and must now leave the game. I'm not a doctor so I'm not going there. I'm not so stupid as to send someone to the bench for no reason. You are stupid to assume that I would.

Quote:
Assignors aren't real happy when their officials start to make up their own rules. That's because, unlike Rec leagues, assignors usually deal with coaches that understand rules that pertain to them. And when coaches get pissed off because some official who doesn't know the basic rules screws them, then they call the assignor and say real nasty things to him- like "WTF are you doing sending me that moron?".
This is just plain dumb, you need to rethink this statement. Any official I send to the game is #1 qualified to be there, so I'm insulted by this statement as the assigner. #2, sh!t happens, no official is perfect. I'm sure worst things have happen to you in a game than a player being asked to sit out for one play. In fact, you know what! The official gave you a break. He could have enforced a technical here if the player was faking. We teach our officials to always side on the side of caution when it comes to injuries. If we're not sure, best to have them sit down. I think this is more or so, how the conversation will go, but then again, I'm also sure there are assigners that think like you. Just looking for a reason to throw an official under the bus.

Good job proving that point.